Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Navel gazing again

I'm missing something in my life
My heart tells me.
There is a point missing in my presentation, I've forgotten the topic for my thesis
And all the proctors and auditors have caught me
Plagiarism- and from the instructors own work, no less!

I have lost the key to my roller skates, and someone keeps trying
To get me to use their diary key to fix things
But it won't fit in the lock and I really don't want to skate anymore... do I?
And the rink is so far away...

I've discovered that I'm as ham-fisted (if not moreso) as any guy I know
And I really don't know people the way I think I do
Which shouldn't be surprising, given how much people scare me
And how hard it is to make someone be real.

And speaking of reality, I think that it and I have reached a point of separation
A comfortable point to travel our disparate paths alone
And I've discovered that my path goes into deep shadow but
I can't see where it comes out in the light again and there is no map.

It's hard to monitor every thought, looking for the signs
Of madness.
And it's lonely in here, because I don't dare more than joking reference
To my biggest fears.

S.


Sokmunky says:
Drink your milk! Then next year, when I'm all buff and hard-bodied, and I kick your ass on the playground, you can use your bruises to advertise for the dairy board! I'll have vodka and porkrinds, and still kick your ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

The little fat boy stuck in the big fat guys body says you can tell me any fears and I won't laugh or think less of you. Life is scary and we all walk though it without a clue, pretending we know what we're doing cause we're afraid everyone else does and were the only ones lost. Reality is intimidating, but together my dear friend, we can walk boldly into the darkness that is the future and know that we are clueless together. As long as I live, you are never truly alone.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home