Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

So.... I'm not good at keeping in touch.

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I'm not sure that anyone reads it, and it's kind of my place to howl into the void. today, it's more of a whimper than a howl, though.

My life in brief: the past few months.

+I left the bookstore the end of September. It was time. I still love it, but it was driving me crazy.
+I got a job working with my ex-. I'm working 3rd shift downtown, photocopying stuff for lawyers.
- Although I was hired as a supervisor, I have no crew, and the company structure is... not good. I think the owners use the company as a tax write-off. I don't anticipate being here more than a year.
+Second Life
+Kitty is 11 and still healthy and mean.
+I've acquired some really good music in the past few months.
+The roommate's girlfriend moved out.
- You couldn't tell by the amount of her crap still in my house. Really. She's only moved about a third of her stuff in 3 months.
+ Went to see the family for Christmas.
-Stress.
-Dad is seriously depressed and is drinking himself to death slowly.
-Either my sister or I will end up having to care for him.
-Mom's boyfriend has agressive prostate cancer. They have been together just over a year.

I'm physically ok, and mentally pretty good most of the time. But sometimes being alone gets me down. My roommate has a girlfriend, so I've lost most of my place in his life. My friends are all pairing off and getting married or having kids. I feel isolated and alone, even in a room full of friends. I have lots of people who care about me, and I love them, but it's so hard to get around the loneliness and talk.

Be well, and be kind to people.

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home